Beef, Tomato & Bean soup with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500g beef steak cut into bite size chunks
- 1/4 cup La Barre Rosemary & Garlic infused olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum
- 400g can red kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups beef stock
- 400g diced tomatos
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup corriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons tobasco sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream and lime wedges to serve
- Heat 1/2 the La Barre Extra Virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cumin and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, stock, Tabasco sauce and 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil. Return beef to soup. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Add capsicum. Simmer, covered, for a further 15 minutes or until beef is tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a board. Using 2 forks, shred beef. Return beef to soup. Add beans. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 the coriander into soup. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with sour cream and remaining coriander. Serve with lime wedges.