Pesto and mozzarella filled chicken breast
- 1kg chicken breast
- 1/4 cup La Barre Rosemary & Garlic infused olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup pest (we used home made)
- salt and pepper
- 150 grams buffalo mozzarella
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- 1 hot chilli
- Slice open your chicken breast pieces and gently score the inside and outside of the meat witha sharp knife.
- Coat your chicken in salt and pepper and then rub your pesto on what will be the inside of your chicken once we roll them up. Also if you like you can add your crushed garlic and diced chilli on the inside as desired to suit your taste
- Add your mozzarella over the pesto and firmly roll up the chicken breast being careful that the mozzarella stays towards the middle. (Add a toothpick through the end to hold it in place)
- Generously rub some La Barre rosemary and garlic infused olive oil over the outside of your chicken and coat in parmesan cheese.
- Place them in your cooking tray and cook for roughly 20-25 minutes in your oven at 180 degrees.
- Serve while hot with baked sweet potatoes and salad.