Pumpkin, rosemary and zucchini fritters
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons rosemary and garlic infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated pumpkin
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- oil, for deep-frying
- Salad to serve
- 3 tablespoons Dukkah
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream and egg.
- Stir pumpkin and zucchini through. Sift over combined flour and bicarbonate of soda and dukkah. Mix well; season to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan, until a small drop of batter sizzles as soon as it is added. You can also use a deep fryer if you have one.
- In four batches of four, lower heaped tablespoons of mixture into hot oil. Fry 4-5 minutes each batch, turning with a slotted spoon, until fritters are golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Keep fritters warm in a warm oven between batches. Serve with beetroot dip and salad.