Smoky Pancetta, tomato & basil bruschetta
- 8 slices Italian stylebread
- 250g primo pancetta
- 1 punnet cherry tomatos cut in quarters
- 2 tablepoons La Barre extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons La Barre caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced finely into half circles
Preheat your barbecue grill plate. Lightly coat bread slices with olive oil. Cook on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and smoky. Remove and set aside.
Cook pancetta slices on the hot grill until lightly crisp and smoky. Transfer to a tray.
Combine tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, oil, basil and onion in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. To serve, top bread slices with crisp torn pancetta and spoon over the tomato mixture.
This quick and delicious recipe with La Barre olive oil and vinegar takes less than 20 minutes to pull together. It looks great and tastes amazing.